Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeons have been pioneers in Central Texas cardiac surgery for over 60 years. With 12 board-certified cardiothoracic surgeons, CTVS is the largest group of its kind in Central Texas and offers virtually every type of elective and emergent surgery for heart valve disease, coronary artery disease, atrial fibrillation, aortic aneurysm and congestive heart failure.
Our surgeons are not only experts in traditional cardiac surgery techniques, but are also on the forefront of emerging technologies to treat the full spectrum of adult congenital and degenerative cardiac conditions. CTVS surgeons have been instrumental in implementing cardiac programs from heart transplantation to minimally-invasive and robotic-assisted cardiac surgery in Central Texas area hospitals.
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm Repair (Including Endografts)
- Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG)
- Valve Repair and Replacement
- Ross Procedure
- Arrhythmia Surgery
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD)
- Maze Procedure
- Convergent Procedure
- Heart Transplantation
- Ventricular Assist Device (VAD)
- Transmyocardial Revascularization (TMR)
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery (MICS)
- da Vinci ® Robotic Surgery